Terms of Reference
Graphic Art and Infographics: Design of Family Planning IEC Materials
UNFPA Zimbabwe supports the Government of Zimbabwe to promote maternal health, including delivery of high quality integrated family planning and contraceptive services, young people’s development, the prevention and response to Gender Based Violence and developing data for development. The application of creative and innovative communication approaches is an important element of achieving the goals of the organization. To this end, the Country office seeks the services of a graphic designer who can contribute to improved visual communication of UNFPA activities. The Consultant will assist in the design of various materials such as posters, pamphlets/brochures, fliers, cue cards, etc. to support UNFPA Communications and Reproductive Health teams.
The specific tasks include:
· Conceptualize and execute creative graphic design and layout work for materials outlined later in the ToR
· Produce print ready materials of high quality for printing
· Provide technical assistance for the development and production of high quality print materials including pre-press processes
· Decide on appropriate creative style, concept and design of documents and programme communication materials
· Taking full responsibility of the assignment from start to completion including regular updates and meeting deadlines
The Consultant is tasked to design and produce high quality print ready materials as outlined below:
· Six posters
· Three pamphlets/brochures
· Four Cue cards
· Print ready and editable versions of above materials
Qualifications and skills of the Consultant
· Experienced Graduates of visual arts, graphic design and multimedia production with at least five years relevant experience;
· Excellent communication and evidence-based report writing skills.
· Ability to review documents, interpret information and synthesize information and present it in a creative manner.
· Excellent skills in data visualization and data journalism.
· Ability to design using various design software packages
The Consultant will be supervised by the UNFPA Communications Analyst and the Technical Specialist Family Planning. The individual consultant shall perform the duties and responsibilities in the specified timeline with no delays.
The first cut of designs should be available within ten days of signing the consultancy.
All information and rights pertaining to this project (written documentation, photography, audio, visual, digital, cyber, project documents, etc.) belong to the client (UNFPA). Except for the purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the Client in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.
Contractual arrangements and supervision
The consultancy is deliverable based (outlined above) and will be up to maximum 31st March 2017. The Consultant(s) will be hired under UNFPA terms of contract and supervised by the Communications Analyst and Technical Specialist Family Planning solely for the purpose of delivering the above outputs, within the agreed time frame. UNFPA as the Client shall provide necessary support to the Consultant(s) in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Proper briefing ahead of the assignment
The Consultant(s) fees will be commensurate to experience and qualifications
Submission of applications
A proposal for the execution of the assignment is expected with the application. Interested Consultants should submit a proposal (including CV, work portfolio and proposed work plan indicating how they will undertake the work).
Please submit applications including a proposal in a sealed envelope marked “FAMILY PLANNING IEC MATERIALS” no later than 12 noon on 18 February 2017 to:
The UNFPA Country Representative
Reference: FAMILY PLANNING IEC MATERIALS
Block 7, 1st Floor, Arundel Office Park,
P.O. Box 4775
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org